Wednesday 6 January 2010

Friend article by Sunniva Taylor

I contacted the Quaker non-violence project Turning the Tide ( http://www.turning-the-tide.org/ ) to find out about other Quakers who had gone to Copenhagen. I particularly hope to discuss their own experiences of and reactions to the non-violent direct actions including the actions of the police.

Many thanks to Sunniva Taylor who used to work as a researcher for Quaker Peace and Social Witness (QPSW) for giving me the details of her article for the Friend (the UK Quaker weekly paper) about her weekend in Copenhagen with Christian Aid (see link below).

During the march I had been very inspired when I ran into a small group of Christian Aid cyclists who had made much of the way to Copenhagen from Britain by bike. In the article she mentions that some of them were Quakers eg Gerald and Laura Conyngham from Exeter Meeting (see photo from Sunniva's article).




No comments:

Post a Comment